At HCS, we've worked with hundreds of hospitals across the nation to simplify and streamline medication reconciliation. While every hospital has a goal of improving patient safety and saving time, every hospital is unique. HCS Medication Reconciliation is flexible enough to enhance hospital specific workflows while supporting and exceeding the Joint Commission's National Patient Safety Goals, and complying with Stage 1 and 2 meaningful use requirements. From admission, transfer, and discharge to post visit patient care, our medication reconciliation goals are your goals.
HCS Medication Reconciliation simplifies the process of reconciling a patient’s medication therapy across the continuum of care. The solution includes the ability to
- obtain a patient’s Prior Medication History including Medication Fill and Refill Information and previous visit information,
- analyze Prior Medication History,
- provide Medication Transfer and Discharge Reports electronically or through printed media,
- provide Discharge Prescriptions including Patient Medication Education
- communicate and link directly to existing hospital clinical information systems.
- identify high risk patients for medication non-adherence and obtain fill/refill information for clinicians use in follow up post visit.
HCS Medication Reconciliation has been proven to save time and increase accuracy during medication reconciliation:
- 2.4 more critical medications identified during admission
- 50% increase in computerized physician order entry
- 51 minute reduction in time to reconcile
- 23% increase in ordered critical medications
Want to learn more about how medication reconciliation can be simplified at your hospital and integrated with your clinical information systems? Give us a call at 334.279.9711, or just enter your information in the fields below, and a representative from HCS will contact you!
HCS Medication Reconciliation is a component of HCS eMR version 6, which was certified by ICSA as a Complete EHR in May 2014. HCS eMR version 6 meets all certification criteria for Stage 1 and Stage 2 meaningful use, including all quality measures. HCS eMR, version 6’s certification number is 140071R00.