HCS MEDICS pharmacy information system is used by more than 400 hospitals throughout the United States. HCS MEDICS is built upon 20 years of clinical experience and has been rated one of the best pharmacy information systems available. HCS MEDICS delivers features designed to make your pharmacy more accurate and more efficient, improving patient safety and reducing costs. In addition, because it can interface with most hospital information systems and automated dispensing devices (ADD), HCS MEDICS pharmacy information system is cost-effective to deploy.
HCS MEDICS pharmacy information system has many BENEFITS
Interfaces with all hospital information systems with standard HL-7
Ensures superior patient safety by bringing improved medication accuracy to your pharmacy system
Clinical checks including allergy checking, prior reactions, drug-to-drug interaction, drug-to-food interaction, and drug-to-laboratory interaction
Dosage errors checks
Calculating body surface area and creatinine clearance calculation
User defined alerts and warnings
Inpatient and Outpatient order entry
FAST implementation <1 month
Designed by PHARMACISTS and NURSES
HCS MEDICS pharmacy system is EASY to USE
- By incorporating a rapid medication order entry interface, HCS MEDICS delivers ease of use that translates into drastically improved efficiency
- Enter drug orders using a lookup feature to populate medication information using mnemonic, generic name, brand name, or therapeutic class
- ONE KEYSTROKE order entry by combining mnemonic with frequency of fill, drug order entry can often be created with just one keystroke
- Intuitive and simple commands such as “A-Add” and “D-Discontinue” reduce the learning curve and increase productivity
- Alternating intravenous solutions with alternating additives.
HCS MEDICS proves VALUE
- Robust reporting feature that delivers hospital management daily, monthly, and annual utilization statistics
- Numerous standard reports such as pharmacy clinical intervention, medication profiles, drug administration records, intravenous administration records, and automatic stop order notices are included in HCS MEDICS
- Write your OWN reports with RepoMed, a user friendly custom report writer
- Printed Medication administration records offer the flexibility of user defined shifts at each patient care unit, supporting single day, multiple day, or monthly time ranges.
HCS MEDICS INTEGRATES
- INTEGRATES with HCS e-MAR for electronic medication administration with barcodes
- INTEGRATES with HCS OrderImage for paper based physician orders and workflow management
HCS MEDICS provides for your PRINTING Needs. In addition to reports, it delivers a comprehensive array of printing capabilities.
Medication labels can be configured to include barcodes to track a series of information ranging from the medical personnel preparing the medication to the health care staff who deliver it.
Intravenous labels can be set up to print in a batch reducing waste an increasing efficiency.
Best of all, every label – patient medication, piggyback, and intravenous therapy – use one type of label, streamlining support.
Delivers patient education information (medication monographs) in a number of languages.
HCS MEDICS Tracks INVENTORY
HCS MEDICS also delivers Patient Care Unit (PCU) medical inventory tracking with the ability to charge medical supplies to a patient. As medical supplies are used, inventory quantities are updated allowing the generation of a replacement list for the PCU and the tracking of medical supply utilization.